After discussing the financial offers of IBA amongst the constituents, UFBU expressed its inability to accept the same. Thereafter UFBU meeting was held as scheduled and decisions were taken to launch agitations and Strike actions.
After wage revision talks with the IBA failed, bank employees’ unions called for a two-day nationwide bank strike on January 31 and February 1.
UFBU which represents nine trade unions, has announced to hold another three-day strike from March 11-13.
UFBU has also announced that this strike will be followed by an indefinite strike from April 1 if their demands of pay hike are not met.
Jan.31 and Feb. 1 — 2 Days Strike
March 11, 12, 13 — 3 Days Strike
From April 1 onwards Indefinite Strike
1. Wage Revision Settlement at 20% hike on Pay slip components with adequate
2. 5 Day Banking
3. Merger of Special Allowance with Basic Pay
4. Scrap New Pension Scheme(NPS)
5. Updation of Pension
6. Improvement in Family Pension
7. Allocation to Staff Welfare Fund based on Operating Profits
8. Exemption from Income Tax on retiral benefits without ceiling
9. Uniform definition of Business Hours, Lunch Hour, etc. in Branches
10. Introduction of Leave Bank
11. Defined Working Hours for Officers
12. Equal wage for equal work for contract employees/Business Correspondents