Latest Bank Bipartite settlement talks
11th Bipartite Banks
26 April 2020
It is not fair to talk about our wage revision at this moment. The whole country is passing through an extra ordinary situation and the nation’s priority is different now which all of us should understand.
16 March 2020
Today small committee meeting with IBA took place at Mumbai. IBA led by Shri Alok Kumar Choudhary, DMD SBI. All constituents of UFBU participated.
Discussion on load factor on Basic Pay after DA merger and it’s impact on Superannuation cost was deliberated. Discussion remained inconclusive.
29 Feb 2020
In today’s talks with IBA in addition to 15% increase in pay slip cost, some more forward movement is there in our demands.
In view of this positive development agitational actions and 3 days strike is deferred.
After a lot of discussions, the following points emerged today:
1. Offer on Pay slip cost increased to 15%.
2. Demand on 5 Day Banking will be taken forward by further discussions.
3. Demand for loading more than 2%
4. Addtional Encashment of Privilege Leave 5 days per year.
5. Improvement in Family Pension
6. Revised offer on PLI was given at 1.37%, 2.74% and 4.11%.
7. IBA agreed to discuss all other issues through further discussions.
20 Feb 2020
IBA hold next meeting of Negotiating committee of IBA with the representatives of constituent workmen Unions/officers aassociaations on 29th Feb 2020 at 11 AM.
on 17th feb 2020 CLC meeting
In today’s meeting by CLC, IBA informed that their earlier offer 15 % stands and they are ready discuss further and agitation to be deferred.
Aibea informed that we are ready to continue the talks. CLC advised further talks to be held by iba. Iba agreed to call for the talks.
The representatives from DFS Ministry of Finance, Dr. Sanjay
Kumar(Director) and Sh. K.M. Nand Kumar(Under Secretary) were
present and stated that the matter involved needs to be discussed at the
bilateral level between the IBA and federations and also to be resolved at
the bilateral level.
Conciliation officer and CLC(C) expressed his opinion that all the points of discussion persisting can be resolved only through continuous dialogue and communication and accordingly advised both management
and office bearers to sit together expeditiously and discuss the
unresolved issues for having amicable resolutions in the matter.
The joint discussion may continue not only for a single day but parties may
have several rounds of discussion sincerely to sought out differences
positively in the next 15 days and were requested to apprise the conciliation officer about the progress on 5th March
Meeting HELD WITH IBA ON 30-01-2020
As per information from Union leaders:
Today’s talks with IBA failed. Strike stands. So 2 days strike on 31 Jan and 1st Feb confirmed.
in the conciliation meeting held by chief labour commissioner in delhi on 27/01/2012, CLC advised the IBA to hold direct bilateral talks with the unions before the strike and try for a solution.
Accordingly IBA held a round of bipartite meeting in Mumbai . in discussions, the IBA improved their offer to 13.5% but this was not acceptable to Unions as it was inadequate.
Thereafter, the chairman of IBA invited the union leaders during which he improved the offer to 15% hike in payslip components cost. But he did not agree to the demands of the Unions like bank holidays on all Saturday and Sunday. Merger of special allowances with basic pay.
Hence the talks ended as a failure and unions decided to go ahead with the strike for 2 days on 31 jan and 1st Feb.
Talks HELD WITH IBA ON 13-01-2020
As per UFBU :
Today, Bipartite talks held with IBA, not fruitful. UFBU decides agitational programmes including strike actions.
Detailed circular on the agitational programme will be issued by UFBU in a day or two.
IBA inform that they were not ready to accept our demand for 5 days banking.
IBA offered wage revision : 12.25 % with 2 % Loading .
5 days PL Encashment per year (in addition PL encashment at the time of LFC). For Employees less than 5 years service 7 days PL encashment per year.
Family pention : no improvement, issue seized.
Jan.31 and Feb. 1 — 2 Days Strike
March 11, 12, 13 — 3 Days Strike
From April 1 onwards Indefinite Strike
1. Wage Revision Settlement at 20% hike on Pay slip components with adequate
2. 5 Day Banking
3. Merger of Special Allowance with Basic Pay
4. Scrap New Pension Scheme(NPS)
5. Updation of Pension
6. Improvement in Family Pension
7. Allocation to Staff Welfare Fund based on Operating Profits
8. Exemption from Income Tax on retiral benefits without ceiling
9. Uniform definition of Business Hours, Lunch Hour, etc. in Branches
10. Introduction of Leave Bank
11. Defined Working Hours for Officers
12. Equal wage for equal work for contract employees/Business Correspondents
Talks HELD WITH IBA ON 05-12-2019
As per UFBU :
Another round of negotiations was held today between IBA and UFBU in the IBA office in Mumbai.
Increase in wage hike %age :
Earlier offer of 12% is not improved by IBA.
IBA informed that the issue of mandate upto scale VII stands resolved.
Merger of Special Allowance with Basic pay:
Present special allowance be merged with basic pay demand can be accepted if the additional cost involved towards superannuation benefits is found to be affordable.
No final decision.
Pention : still pending.
UFBU pointed out linking ROA as an
ingredient for the purpose of working out the performance matrix and
creation of more steps in the gross operating profits.
IBA agreed to provide a revised formula there after the issue would be discussed further.
5 Day Banking:
No clear response .
News on 30 Nov 2019
Next round of bipartite talks will be held on 5th Dec.
Next meeting of IBA negotiating commitee and unions fixed on Thursday 5th Dec 2019.
28 November 2019
XI BIPARTITE SETTLEMENT
Core Committee Meeting (Workmen) held on
28 November 2019
As decided during Main Negotiations Committee Meeting held on 15 Nov, ’19 : Core Committee (Workmen) Meeting was held today at IBA Office, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
*1.* Adoption of New Series of C. P. Index for D. A. calculation and formula for DA calculation to be decided during the next Main Negotiating Committee Meeting.
*2.* Union demand for PL accumulation upto 300 days & it’s encashment on retirement to be put before Main Committee.
*3.* For Adoption of Child upto 1 yr ML agreed with certain conditions.
*4.* Sabbatical Leave to all employees. The matter is left to individual banks.
*5.* LFC : There will be improvement in distance permitted to Sub Staff.
*6.* LFC : For Workmen employees travel by own car permitted. At par with provision for officers.
*7.* LFC : with package tour not permitted.
*8.* Outsourcing : From the earlier clause ” as per RBI guidelines to be done for non core activities.” It is agreed to *remove words as per RBI guidelines.*
*9.* OT : For simplified & improved method note is submitted by Unions. To be discussed further.
*10.* Punishment : For gross misconduct, *fine* as punishment may be removed.
*11.* Ex Servicemen : Only the guidelines issued by “Dept of Financial Services” of Govt of India to be followed uniformly.
*12.* Unions wanted time gap between Business hours and Working hours should be 2 hours instead of present 1 hour. This demand was rejected outright by the IBA.
Whatever is accepted is subject to final approval at Main Committee level.
Negotiations may take decisive turn during next meeting on *3 Dec, 2019.*
XI BIPARTITE SETTLEMENT
Talks on Friday 15 Nov 2019 between IBA and UFBU
Circular issued after meeting
Today’s talks were great disappointment. Nothing worth mention came up.
*Gist of Discussions :*
- IBA informed that yet two banks have not given mandate for Negotiations upto scale VII. But they will get it.
- *PLI :* That is “Performance Linked Incentive”. Unions asked IBA to decide about parameters on which *PLI* will be fixed. But they have given In Principle consent to implementation of *PLI.*
- Pension related issues were discussed. With the same quantum of Pension, Load on a/c of it has risen substantially. Because of increase in Life Expectancy. It has gone up to 80 to 84 years on average. IBA informed.
- *Spl Allow :* If Spl Allow is merged with Basic, Contribution to Pension Fund by banks goes up substantially. It increases Loading amt.
- Increase in Family Pension increases load factor due to same reasons as Pension. Hence Pension provision needs fresh calculations. It needs appointment of professional Actuaries. Unions are requested to suggest two Actuaries on their behalf. IBA has also given papers of fresh calculations for provisions on a/c of Pension.There was suggestion from Unions on shifting of Base of Index for DA calculations. Price Index Series should be latest.
- *PL* Demand for increase in PL accumulation and encashment on superannuation level was taken up. No conclusion.
- Medical Insurance Premium for Pensioners was discussed.
- New Pension Scheme *:* Suggestions to make it more attractive were discussed.
- *Small Committee Meetings :* are scheduled
For Officers *21 Nov*
For Workmen *27/28 Nov*
In these meetings certain issues will be finalised and then taken up in Main Meeting subsequently.
Click Link to view : — >> Meeting Dated: 18 Oct 2019 CircularBipartite
The IBA stated that a 12 per cent hike in pay slip cost would result in an annual burden of Rs 6,319 crore on all PSBs, including State Bank of India.
” We have rejected a 12 per cent wage hike proposed by the IBA. We will settle for wage negotiation if the IBA agrees to our other demands which include improvement in the family pension formula, merger of special allowance with basic pay, among others, along with a decent wage hike,” said C H Venkatachalam, general secretary of the All India Bank Employees Association (AIBEA).